Downtown Detroit Hotel FAQ | Boutique Hotel Detroit
1. What parking options are available at your downtown Detroit hotel?
a. Valet parking is available 24 Hours a Day at Foundation Hotel. Overnight parking is $35 per vehicle and daily parking is $15 per vehicle.
2. What is the hotel’s pet policy?
a. We are a pet friendly hotel with a non-refundable pet cleaning fee. Service animals, of course are welcome.
3. Is the Detroit Foundation Hotel family-friendly?
a. Yes, all guests are welcome.
4. What are the major attractions in Detroit?
a. Our downtown Detroit hotel is ideally located near the following major attractions: TCF Center, Ford Field, Theatre Ceasars Arena, Comerica Park, Fox Theatre, Fisher Theatre, Corktown, Eastern Market, Hamtramyk, Hitsville, Motown Museum, Henry Ford and Greenfield Village
5. Does the hotel offer room service?
a. Yes, room service is available from 7:00 AM – 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM daily.
6. Does the hotel recommend any activities in downtown Detroit?
- Yes, with many attractions and locations being our local partners
- TCF Convention Center Detroit https://www.tcfcenterdetroit.com/
- Detroit Institute of Arts https://www.dia.org/
- Eastern Market https://easternmarket.org/
- The Fox Theatre http://foxtheatredetroit.net/
- Comerica Park https://www.mlb.com/tigers/ballpark
- Ford Field https://www.fordfield.com/
- Little Caesers Arena https://www.313presents.com/venues-events/little-caesars-arena
- Detroit Opera House https://michiganopera.org/
- Broadway in Detroit https://www.broadwayindetroit.com/
7. What was the building previously before Detroit Foundation Hotel?
a. Formerly the Detroit Fire Department Headquarters (built in 1929) and thoughtfully restored into the Detroit Foundation Hotel in 2017
8. Does the hotel provide transportation?
a. Yes, our boutique hotel features a Lincoln house car happy to take guests to their local Detroit destination within 3 miles of the hotel. The House Car will be available for a limited schedule until further notice. Hours of operation are:
- Friday – 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Saturday – 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Please contact the Front Desk for details on how to book the Lincoln House Car.
9. What is the difference in the room types?
a. Our boutique hotel features several different varieties of guest rooms based solely on square footage and in room aesthetics. The majority of our guest rooms feature a king-sized bed with reclaimed wood headboards and local architecture murals on the walls. The Detroit Foundation features several suite types ranging from Junior Suites all the way to the Commissioner’s Suite affectionately named as this hallowed space was once the Commissioner’s Office in the 1930’s. Visit our Rooms & Suites page for more info!
10. What types of ADA amenities do you provide?
Our spaces feature ADA amenities including:
- Public spaces: registration desk pathway, service animals are welcome, elevators, accessible guest rooms with 32″ wide doorways, accessible route from public entrance to accessible guest rooms
- Guestrooms: deadbolt locks lowered, doors with lever handles, hearing accessible rooms and/or kits, convenience power at bedside, wireless charging pad at nightstand
- Bathrooms: bathroom grab bars, bathtub seat, roll-in shower, adjustable shower wand, toilet seat at wheelchair height
- For a full list of ADA amenities, please visit the front desk or call us at (313) 800-5500.
11. What procedures are currently in place to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for visitors?
We are devoted to providing everyone who walks through our doors with a safe and comfortable environment, compliant with the latest local, state and federal guidelines. We continue to evolve our process as we stay focused on the health and safety of our guests and associates.
At this time, housekeeping has enhanced cleaning procedures and each room is supplied with single-use, reduced-contact toiletries. Hand sanitizer is also available to our guests upon request.
12. What is your current mask policy for hotel employees and guests?
At this time, our employees are required to wear masks based on CDC and State Recommendations. Guests are not required to wear masks, however we do recommend unvaccinated guests wear masks and practice social distancing in public areas. As new variants of the virus spread, we kindly ask you to be on the lookout for communications in the form of posted signs or social cues that would suggest whether or not a face covering is required. We appreciate you working with us to provide the safest environment for one another, guests and associates alike.